Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

Hi everyone!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I sure did. My grandparents flew in from Virginia and for the first time, we moved Thanksgiving to my house! My mom and I fared well with the turkey and our new healthy stuffing and it was so much fun to spend time with family and laugh together! And yes... even though I am Miss Cal. I still have my normal dish duty :)

A few exciting things to catch you up on!
My interview on the Hour of Power is online and can be seen here:

http://www.crystalcathedral.org/hour_of_power/index.php

The OC Register did an article about me dancing in the Glory of Christmas that can be accessed here:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/cavinder-220993-glory-miss.html

This weekend I finally got to go to a USC game and proudly watch as the Trojans beat the Bruins! It was so much fun! :)

Tonight was my first show for the Glory of Christmas!! Bob, the Baldwins, my entire family, my boyfriend's family and another friends' family all came which was so much fun! Thank you all for coming, it meant the world to me :) This morning I was also on "Good Day LA" which was a ton of fun!

One of my Glory of Christmas partners, Evan, and me before our show on Monday!
The adorable Ruth who has become my third grandma! :)
Bob and me after the show
With the Baldwins after the show

Look out for another blog towards the end of the week because I am realllly busy this week!

Countdown to Miss America: 49 days!! (gulp!)
Quotes of the week:
"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."
~Author Unknown

"Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right."
Aldous Huxley


Thanks for reading!