Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Thursday, February 18, 2010

February!

Hi friends!

I have been quite a busy lady since returning home from Miss America!

Just a few days after I got back from Vegas I had a photo shoot and interview with Coast Magazine at Total Woman Gym where I took Pilates. It was very fun! Look out for the March edition which focuses on philanthropy because there will be a special article in there!

Also, several people have brought these websites to my attention so I thought I would share them here... check them out!

http://college.usc.edu/news/stories/690/from-ball-gown-to-lab-coat/


Then it was my privilege to attend the Miss Fullerton pageant where I attended the contestants rehearsal dinner and got to chat with all of them and also had the pleasure of congratulating Gabby Marco and Sabrina Alonso as Miss Fullerton 2010 and Miss Fullerton's Outstanding Teen 2010! All of the girls were wonderful and Monica and I both had the opportunity to perform! Bob and I also had a chance to "debrief" about Miss America which was so nice! I still can't believe that it is over!!

With past and present Miss Fullerton titleholders!
Bob and I got matching crowns :) He was such a good sport!

The next morning I was the interview guest on the Hour Of Power at the Crystal Cathedral. The interview will air this Sunday (Feb 21st) and will also be online at crystalcathedral.org within the coming days. It was fun to update the church on what happened at Miss America and also have an opportunity to say "thank you" for all of their support! I am so thankful to have such a large platform to share my story! And a special thank you to Kirribilla for my dress! I just love their clothes! Visit their website at http://www.kirribilla.com/


After my Hour of Power interview with vocalist Tom Tipton... he is great!!


I went back to work for a few days and then on Tuesday I was off to San Jose for a Veteran's Hospital Tour of Palo Alto. I visited four Veteran's hospitals over three days. What an amazing experience. I have a entirely different appreciation for everyone who has or is currently serving in the military. Thank you for serving our country! I visited several hundred Veterans, signed autographs and took pictures with every one of them. Another thing that made this experience so neat for me is that Miss California has been doing these visits for many many years and so it was incredible to become a part of that tradition. Many of the men had their pictures with Jackie or Melissa and even one with Rebekah Keller up on their bulletin boards in their rooms! We get to go into these hospitals and provide a big smile and a warm visit and I hope this tradition continues with many Miss Californias to come!

With Bill at the Palo Alto Veteran's Hospital
Linda Ontiveros and me
With the clowns
A special thank you to Mary, Stephanie, Patti, Dirk, the Wunderlich family, Paul and Linda O. for driving me around and accompanying me as my traveling companions! I loved seeing all of you!

Such a fun dinner! They all surprised me and wore "I love Miss California" shirts... too cute!

Just wanted to also let all of you know about IHOP National Pancake Day! On Tuesday, February 23, 2010. From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., IHOP will give you one free short stack of their famous buttermilk pancakes! All they ask is that you consider making a donation to the Children's Miracle Network! Click on this link for more information: http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/
Enjoy a free pancake breakfast and support the Children's Miracle Network... it's a win-win situation!

Quote of the week: “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” ~ Ashley Smith (thank you Nara!)