Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Monday, August 24, 2009

August 17-22

Another week has flown by! I couldn't believe my ears on Saturday night when I was introduced at the Miss City of Orange pageant and they said that I had been crowned TWO months ago!  I wish I could slow down time...

Anyways, before I get sad that this year is going by too quickly, let me fill you in on my week...


On Wednesday, I went to KOCE (a local Orange County news station) and was on the "Real Orange" news show with hosts Ed Arnold and Ann Pulice. I had a blast! 










I have known Ed since I was a little girl, so it was great to be on the show with him.  He is a wonderful man who has a great spirit and I had fun joking around with him before and after... we even tried to see how the crown would look on him!  While I think he may be able to pull off the crown, I am not sure how he would do in the swimsuit competition?!?!  I am trying to find the online post of the interview, but I haven't been successful yet... (Also, there are many more pics on the official website at http://misscalifornia.org/cbSite/2009MissCA.html )
Thank you to Eric Anderson for the pictures!









Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the Miss City of Orange pageant at Chapman University. This is always one of my favorite pageants to attend... Connie Benson puts on a seamless show and it was SO great to see so many titleholders in the audience! I was so excited to reconnect with many of my friends from the class of 2009. Congrats to Rachel Berry, Miss City of Orange 2010 and also to Dee Dee Saetia and Jenae Duran Miss GG Oustanding Teen who were crowned on Friday!  (Picture is with Miss City of Orange 2010, Rachel Berry)











A silly picture with the contestants to calm their nerves before the pageant














Lindsay Nault (the emcee and Miss Riverside County 2009) and I getting ready in the dressing room together... just like at Miss California!
















Local titleholders that were in attendance on Saturday night









With Monica, Miss California's Outstanding Teen


Quote for the week:
"Be yourself.  Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish"

Countdown to Miss America: 147 days!!!

I'm off to ballet class!