Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Monday, August 17, 2009

Saturday July 4th 11:25pm

Happy Fourth of July to everyone!

Today was my first official appearance as Miss California. Last night I arrived in San Jose, CA and I was picked up from the airport in a classic convertible mustang! How fun! I had dinner with Krista Cheshire, the ED of the Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County pageant, and then spent the night in Trynie's beautiful home.

This morning I had lunch at Bob's Courthouse Cafe and then I was off to the parade route. I had the wonderful opportunity to ride on the float with Miss Redwood City (Sandra Robles), Miss San Mateo County (Anna Lisa Matias) and Miss San Jose (Felicia Alvarez) as
well as Miss Redwood City's Outstanding Teen (Elyse Vicenzi). The parade was great, and the streets were lined with thousands of people! After the parade we went to lunch and then went to the festival to sign autographs (thank you Paul for the wonderful autograph pages!). I had a blast in Redwood City... Thank you to everyone who helped make the event possible! (There are more pictures on the Miss California website) I thought I would attach another picture here... it is always my tradition to take a "silly" picture wherever I go because I think it loosens people up, and taking posed smiling pictures gets boring after a while! These pictures are much more fun!

I got home just in time to see fireworks with my family in Orange County!

Quote of the week:
"The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance - and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning."
- Oprah Winfrey