Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Friday, September 18, 2009

Christmas in September and Hot Air Balloons

Hello everyone!

This week has flown by!

On Monday I had my first rehearsal for the "Glory of Christmas" and I am ecstatic to report that I will be dancing the lead role as the principal!  This has been one of my lifelong goals (since I was 3) so I am thrilled and so honored to be blessed with this role!  And yes, as you may suspect, I am listening to Christmas music in September!  But don't worry, I don't ever get sick of it, so come December it will still be playing in my car!

The middle of the week was filled with dance classes, lots and lots of homework, Dale Carnegie courses, and a chance to catch up with some old friends!  

Today (Saturday) I had an appearance at the OC Live Community Fest at the Crystal Cathedral.  It was an absolute blast!  I rode in the hot air balloon, took hundreds of pictures and signed numerous autographs!  It was great to be on my "home turf" at the Cathedral and to get a chance to meet the local community.  There were giant bounce houses which I unfortunately had to avoid due to my crown, dress and heels attire... but I got to ride in a hot air balloon and I thankfully had a nice shady spot to sit and sign autographs.  There were also several bounce houses, free concerts and giveaways and numerous booths.

Pictures always tell the story best, so here are some pictures for you to enjoy!


Hot air balloon ride!





With the OC Live Community Fest staff




Quote of the week:  "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring... all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

-Leo Buscaglia 

Countdown to Miss America:  122 days!  (I leave in officially 4 months tomorrow!)

P.S.  There are more pictures and new headshots on the misscalifornia.org website and the Miss America website!