Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogging live from the San Jose Airport!

Hello everyone!

Sorry it has been awhile since I have updated you... I have been running around getting ready for Miss America which is just a mere 7 days away!

Several of you have asked about a link to watch the Christmas Eve service at the Crystal Cathedral... so here it is! This was one of the 7 services that evening
http://www.crystalcathedral.org/hour_of_power/videos/christmas.php

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Miss Santa Clara pageant! It was a great weekend complete with a Princess crowning, mock interviews and even Mary's Rocky Road fudge! Jackie Geist, Miss California 2008 and Crystal Lee Miss California's Outstanding Teen 2008 were the MCs for the pageant and it was so fun to see them and catch up! Monica Stainer also came up this weekend and even performed at the pageant, she was awesome! The four of us were honored to congratulate Felicia Alvarez, the new Miss Santa Clara 2010 and Jessa Carmack, Miss Santa Clara's Outstanding Teen 2010. Both Brittany Adams and Britney Raudez were so gracious and it was fun to see the outgoing titleholders perform and to hear about their year in Santa Clara.


With Monica Stainer, Miss CA's Outstanding Teen
Congratulations Jessa and Felicia!
Miss CA OT 2008 and 2009 and Miss CA 2009 and 2008
It was so fun to hang out with you girls!!

Monica and me with Miss Santa Clara 2009 and Miss Santa Clara OT 2009 along with the contestants in the back row.

The pageant was so well run... Stephanie and Mary you two are awesome! Once again, a very sincere thank you to the Miss Santa Clara pageant and Santa Clara Auxiliary for all of your support this year! And thank you to the judges who grilled me during my interviews :)

I roomed with Chelle which was so much fun! She gave me the best pep talk and I was ready to leave for Miss America at 1 o'clock in the morning... I had trouble falling asleep because I got excited!

So most of you are probably wondering.... what have I been up to? I have been busy getting ready for Miss America which means that I have been working out with Mike, meeting Bob about interview issues, getting all of my alterations finished for my wardrobe, practicing my talent, meeting with Nikki to put all of my outfits together, etc. And believe it or not... I am still having a blast! I also have been taking private pilates lessons from Gina at Total Woman which has been SO wonderful! I love working with the reformer, chair, and all of the other Pilates contraptions! I highly recommend it! Pictures coming soon! Thank you to Total Woman and Gina for this great sponsorship!

I am also currently working on granting two wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and hope to have the wishes completed in the next few months! More details coming soon! :)

I also want to fill you all in a little bit about when you can watch Miss America on television. On Friday January 29th, there will be a one hour media special that will air on TLC (check local listings for times) and at the end of the special you will have the opportunity to vote four girls into the top 15 at Miss America. Then, the following night on Saturday January 30th the Miss America pageant will air LIVE on TLC! That is when the top 15 will compete in swimsuit, evening gown, talent and onstage question and will then be narrowed down to the final girl... Miss America 2010! Make sure you tune in or set your tivo!

Miss America countdown: 7 days 13 hours. Can you believe I am now including HOURS?!
Favorite quote of the week: From the song "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe

"When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big"