Talent Presentation at the Miss America Pageant

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blogging on the road

Hello everyone!

This weekend has been great! On Friday I traveled up to San Jose where I was met by Paul Sanfilipo. We had a great time joking and laughing in the car and we picked up Joyce Patereau on the way to Merced. I attended the dress rehearsal for the Miss Merced County, Miss Sierra Nevada and Miss Yosemite Valley pageant and got to visit with the contestants and catch up with my committee. It was so fun to see Linda, Donna, Michelle, Wendy, Dancing Connie and Merri this weekend!

On Saturday I went to the interviews with the contestants and "warmed up" the panel which was fun! Thank you judges for a great interview!

Saturday night was wonderful... my local committee did several wonderful things to acknowledge and honor me, it was so sweet! They played a slideshow at the pageant that Jenna Harvey (1st runner up to Miss California) made for my homecoming and it was so neat to relive my year thus far through pictures and videos!

The most exciting part of the weekend was welcoming in three new titleholders!! Nicole Honaker (Miss Sierra Nevada 2009) Loryn Weddle (Miss Merced County 2009) and I were very proud to crown Elizabeth Kress the new Miss Sierra Nevada 2010, Briana Verderberg the new Miss Merced County 2010 and Jasmine Nachtigall Miss Yosemite Valley 2010. The MC's did a wonderful job, thank you Jenna, Nicole and Sheriff Mark Pazin!


With the contestants before the "high fashion" opening number
With Jenna Harvey, the MC and 1st runner up to Miss California
My girls :) Nicole and Loryn (Miss Sierra Nevada 2009 and Miss Merced County 2009)
This morning Paul and I had quite the adventure getting to the airport and I better finish up my blog because we are almost there! Im off to my sendoff party!

Well, my sendoff party was WONDERFUL! I had an absolute blast! It felt like it lasted for 5 minutes... To my surprise, Katie Stam (Miss America) was there! I was shocked! It was a great afternoon full of picture taking, laughter, wonderful food and great company. Thank you so much for all who came!

I am now in the car on the way to Vegas! It has certainly been a weather-filled trip and Chelle and I have experienced rain, snow, fog, sunshine and now we are back to the rain :) The car is fully loaded and we had just enough room to squeeze the two of us in here with all of our luggage! I can't believe that tomorrow I will put my crown on with 52 other incredible women and the week of festivities will begin! In just a week and a half we will have a brand new Miss America!

I am going to attempt to update my blog as much as possible from Las Vegas so stay tuned for updates! Thank you all for your support, messages of encouragement and prayers! And don't forget to tune in next Friday at 10pm on TLC for the media special and then again on Saturday the 30th for finals night LIVE on TLC!

I will leave you with one of my all time favorite quotes from Audrey Hepburn:

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Audrey Hepburn


LAS VEGAS... HERE I COME!

Until next time.. ♥